Take care of your skin in the sunny spring weather!
Skin Cancer is the most rapidly increasing cancer type in America. More than two million people are diagnosed each year. Working at high elevation exposes us to up to 50% more UV radiation and snow can reflect up to 90% of the sun’s dangerous rays. Also, as much as 80% of UV radiation passes through clouds.
1. Wear a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and lip balm everyday
2. Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before going in the sun and reapply every two hours
3. Use “broad spectrum” sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15
4. If possible, limit your time in the sun between 10 am and 2 pm
5. Check any moles on your skin frequently for any changes in shape or coloration