Spring Uniform Reminder
There’s no denying it, Spring is here, and with it the extreme temperature swings that we experience every year!
These temperature swings can lead to some conflicting values of being comfortable and cool versus wearing your uniform correctly. Take the time to review the Resources and Guidelines and make sure that you’re representing Vail professionally, even as you deal with warm spring temps.
A few key points:
- Jackets must be zipped at all times. Jackets should be zipped up to the front stripe. Fasten any zippers, snaps and buttons.
- Under layers (including soft shells, fleeces, sweaters etc.) should NOT be visible below the hem of the jacket.
- Gloves must be worn at all times.
- Inner pieces of clothing not issued with your uniform should be clean, in good shape and professional. Turtlenecks, mock-Ts, technical wear, collared shirts, etc. are acceptable. Torn or ratty t-shirts, graphic t-shirts, oversized sports jerseys or any excessively baggy clothing is not acceptable.
- Name tags must be worn at all times.
Warm Weather Uniform Alternatives:
There are a number of alternatives to your issued uniform for spring weather. Any Vail Ski & Snowboard School branded layers purchased from the Vail Uniform store can be worn while teaching. A clean, plain white or black polo shirt may be substituted for your uniform.
The uniform store is currently offering blue Vail Ski & Snowboard School embroidered light-weight fleeces for $23 apiece. This is a great deal for a lightweight spring layer.
Gloves must be worn at all times so plan in advance, and consider a pair of lightweight ski gloves or work gloves to wear during spring conditions.
This time of year your uniform might be starting to look a little dingy! The uniform store provides 10oz bottles of Nikwax Tech Wash (good for 3 wash loads) to you at no cost for uniform maintenance.
Vail’s Ski & Snowboard School uniform carries a long legacy of pride. Do you part to help maintain that legacy and keep our pros looking pro!